Thursday, May 11, 2006

Specialization

The author in me tells me repeatedly that he wishes to switch to a Product and pre-sales type of a role (For the uninformed, this division in Trilogy is responsible for conceptualizing products and does not deal with the actual implementations- read creation of content). Here are some of his concepts and ideas to write about.
  • Trip to Paradise - For the Goa trip earlier this year.
  • Elliptical orbit - For my first year at college. (During their elliptical orbits comets are so close to hitting the surface as well as so close to attaining escape velocity!!)
  • Mindless chatter - Simply for mindless chatter
  • Just me
But how do I create the rest of the content? Do i get Ukranian outsourcers to do the job for me? After all they seem to be doing pretty good jobs at some of the Trilogy projects. After considering the economics of such a project I have ruled out that option as being financially unviable. I must first write a book and sell a million copies before I can do any such thing.
I have been trying to tell Mr writer that our start-up (this blog) requires him to take up a much more broader role in the organization. But he threatens to leave the organization and go back to hibernation if i push too much.
My organization decided to look at other possible alternatives. We thought we should fire this writer and find another one which has the potential to win a booker prize, will be willing to reside in my body and last but not the least will work for free. I searched tirelessly all over the net for a suitable candidate. I also contacted recruiting firms but no-one will help me on this extremely important issue. I guess these companies just dont have it in them to take up challenging tasks. Also the internet seems too disorganized.
I will continue to try to persuade the writer in me to help me create more content. Also I will feel extremely grateful if my readers refer suitable candidates for a replacement. I am ending this post in a hope that i will have a writer in time for my next post.

-Prashant

4 comments:

Parag said...

masci great yaar i would really be one of the buyers of the book u would write someday ( but really wishing you would send me a free copy of that :))))

Anuj lakhotia said...

nice post!!! I support the cause that it is difficult to run a One-man business. May be u find like-minde ppl
to support you in the journey

Anonymous said...

Allah ko badnaam karta hai...
dojhakh me jagah tay hui tumhari

Anonymous said...

This is what you do in your productive office time???

Let's have a meeting about this.